Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New butcher block-- crazy board

Quote Originally Posted by goatgolfer View Post
    Was the board planned like a puzzle or fit up dry and "that looks better" and bonded? This would be a terrific art piece in a high end kitchen. What do you think they will sell for and how big was your first one.

2 thumbs up as well.
    Extremely reasonable price considering the amount of hand work obviously required. I've got a 14 x 18 on order and can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfmacaw View Post
    Extremely reasonable price considering the amount of hand work obviously required. I've got a 14 x 18 on order and can't wait to see it.
    You went for the mosaic? Nice! I have a plain maple on order as well, but I got it a custom thickness. I'd almost want one of these as an art piece, or perhaps as a smaller board to go with the larger one

"A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by tjangula View Post
    You went for the mosaic? Nice! I have a plain maple on order as well, but I got it a custom thickness. I'd almost want one of these as an art piece, or perhaps as a smaller board to go with the larger one
    Yeah, it's kind of a peace offering to she who must be obeyed. If she finds out I bought three knives this week I'll be walking with a limp for a while. I can't wait to see it, it's going to replace the crappy board my wife uses at her station (we love cooking together).

Quote Originally Posted by tjangula View Post
    Hey Tjangula, your custom board is shipping today, assuming I can persuade the shipping department to navigate the USPS with 3 kids in tow (Canada shipment). My sawmill has been sending me a bit of quartersawn lumber recently, so I went with that on your board. I think you are going to be really pleased. Beautiful wood grain.

It's a heavy beast!

John
    (trying to insert a cell phone picture of it here, which I seem to fail miserably at every time.)

Attachment 29016
    John Loftis
    theboardsmith1@gmail.com
    cell: 469-387-8581

www.theboardsmith.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Loftis View Post
    Hey Tjangula, your custom board is shipping today, assuming I can persuade the shipping department to navigate the USPS with 3 kids in tow (Canada shipment). My sawmill has been sending me a bit of quartersawn lumber recently, so I went with that on your board. I think you are going to be really pleased. Beautiful wood grain.

It's a heavy beast!

John
    (trying to insert a cell phone picture of it here, which I seem to fail miserably at every time.)

Attachment 29016
    Thanks John, I'm looking forward to getting it!

That board is beautiful. I just got a brick pattern from John which is also gorgeous, but wow, that crazy pattern will be a hit!

I posted a review of my first one here http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post388068

I'm so happy with mine I bought four more. For anyone hesitant to cut on them, they are extremely durable. I've got two in the kitchen and both are used daily and you'd be hard pressed to tell they get used at all.

Wow stunning!
    Have a knife day!

Availability?

The holidays are probably not the greatest time to enquire about when these might become available?

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantLearning View Post
    The holidays are probably not the greatest time to enquire about when these might become available?
    Due to the labor involved, I don't plan on carrying these as regular items. I've gotten 2 orders for them in the last couple days, so I can add a third if you'd like. Feel free to e-mail me at theboardsmith1@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks much!
    John

John Loftis
    theboardsmith1@gmail.com
    cell: 469-387-8581

www.theboardsmith.com