I like knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2010ZR1

Reaction score
Just checking in. I just got a few knives from here since I found this site yesterday. This site may be dangerous for my wallet. How do I get more than 4 spots for messages in my PM box?

Lonnie

Welcome, I believe we've already been acquainted. I think there are PM limits for new members at first, but am not sure :scratchhead:. This must change at some point because I'm sure I've read in the support sub forum that it is higher. If you become a Site Supporter you can get a lot more too.

You sir are doing a bang up job of buying knives on your first day. :doublethumbsup:

I think once you have 8 posts your pm limit increased to 100 or so.

I heard from a member over the phone that I seem suspicious but I am not a scammer nor have I stolen someone's identity. I am in Silicon Valley during the week and in Yountville CA on weekends. You may know that there are quite a few nice places to eat in Yountville and the surrounding area. I have a few chef buddies and I want to show off my knives at my house when I christen my new oven in a few weeks. A few friends are coming by to cook on the new La Cornue range with a french cooktop which should be installed in a few weeks. I am legit.

I also see I now have a 100 message limit in my message box. Thanks.

I just made a donation to the BST forums. Thanks for maintaining this.

I have put quite a few laps around Sears Point, still calling it the old name. I also run around Thunderhill in Northern California quite a bit.

I heard from a member over the phone that I seem suspicious but I am not a scammer nor have I stolen someone's identity. I am in Silicon Valley during the week and in Yountville CA on weekends. You may know that there are quite a few nice places to eat in Yountville and the surrounding area. I have a few chef buddies and I want to show off my knives at my house when I christen my new oven in a few weeks. A few friends are coming by to cook on the new La Cornue range with a french cooktop which should be installed in a few weeks. I am legit.

I've been in contact with Lonnie by email regarding the purchase of my Takamura Hana Santoku. He appears to be the President of an electrical contracting firm in California; email was sent from a business email address and I've checked out the company website and his LinkedIn profile. Cross referenced contact info all seems legit. Sorry if that makes me sound like a creep but I call it due diligence. I have the money in my PayPal and the knife will ship tomorrow.

Welcome to KKF Lonnie.
Sounds like you already fit right in.

I've been in contact with Lonnie by email regarding the purchase of my Takamura Hana Santoku. He appears to be the President of an electrical contracting firm in California; email was sent from a business email address and I've checked out the company website and his LinkedIn profile. Cross referenced contact info all seems legit. Sorry if that makes me sound like a creep but I call it due diligence. I have the money in my PayPal and the knife will ship tomorrow.

Tanner, you're only a creep if you start looking through his pictures on Facebook.

Can't see them Lonnie. Maybe some of your new purchases too? Welcome aboard . Use them well.

I have put quite a few laps around Sears Point, still calling it the old name. I also run around Thunderhill in Northern California quite a bit.
Nice! Sears Point is just as commercial as Infineon, so half a dozen of one... :biggrin: it's a really cool track; I wish I could have driven on it vs just being in the paddock/ pits.
The worst was Laguna Seca getting renamed as Mazda Raceway :bat:

I bought another knife online today. Haburn.

DSC_0937_zpsuevskesq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Try again with a picture of some non kitchen knives. I am a Gerber fan.

IMG_2048_zpszkvt6cfj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back