CONGRATS HUW!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Looks like Huw and Company at Zanzibar in Merimbula were just awarded 2 hats!!!
I'm sure he'll chime in here after he sobers up and comes down off his high.
Always proud to see one of our own doing so well.
Cheers Huw!:hoot::hoot::hoot::hoot::hoot::hoot::hoot::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats Huw!!! :bliss::coolsign::coolsign::coolsign::coolsign::coolsign::coolsign:

Congrats, Huw! Funny that I've never given a thought to how talented you are, because we all know you as Chewy the knife addict, over here. ;)

You deserve the second hat, :hungry: congratulations!

Two? Would take a good noggin to handle them both. Congrats

I'd love to drive over for dinner, but there are some pretty rough patches of road between here and there. Congratualtions, Huw!

rvO1pEZ.jpg

Everybody pile in the Argo, we're gettin' some dinner.

I really should plan a weekend down there and have dinner.

You should, Alex, only a short drive from Canberra. It is well worth it. Last Christmas, we stayed just half an hour south of Batemans bay, and made a day trip to visit Huw in Merimbula. Foodie friends from Canberra were quite impressed with everything there, food, presentation, wine, atmosphere, how tiny kitchen is and how many people are in there at the same time. Amazing.

Always loved the images of your food Huw. Your passion is clear. Congratulations .

Today is the day I learned that "hats" are the Australian answer to "stars". Why is Michelin not in Australia yet? Congratulations, Chef!

To think I bought a knife from him before he was famous...:groucho:

Congrats and Well Deserved.

Thanks for all the kind words.
It came as a huge surprise, I was honestly not expecting it. This is the fourth year we have owned the restaurant and our fourth trip to the awards. They announce the one hat winners first, when our name wasn't called out for one I was sweating. It was either going to be 2 or none.
I have a pretty sore head today, I think I drank my own bodyweight of Pol Roger

Back