Making diamonds with a blowtorch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prett cool!, I wonder if the diamonds created, is worth more than the cost of the fuel burnt?

I would like my Marko custom to have a diamond bolster :) There was a mythbusters where they examined a lot of homemade diamond myths, and in the end they used 5,000 pounds of high explosives to do it.

k.

I would like my Marko custom to have a diamond bolster :) There was a mythbusters where they examined a lot of homemade diamond myths, and in the end they used 5,000 pounds of high explosives to do it.

k.

I don't even own a torch.

I saw a program on discovery, and its believed that manufactured diamonds will be cheap in the future, and we will see em in our everyday lives (Windows, Electronical equipment, and so on) and I think it would be cool to have a diamond covered knife :) Woot! Never needs to sharpen :)

Cubic Zirconia is cheap, and just as good as a diamond. Not to mention the demand for cubic zirconia hasn't reached unreasonable levels extreme enough to enslave and terrorize half a continent in the cradle of civilization.
:rant:

Cool video Marko! Did he start off with carbon?

Cz is not anywhere near diamond. It doesn't look like diamond, it's soft and abrades when you look at it.

Back