D. Martell For Sale - 300mm Martell Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Stats

Length - 300mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Hidden tang western

Handle Materials - Amboyna burl, nickel silver bolster (soldered!), copper & G10 spacers, single mosaic pin (nickel silver & copper)

The wood is pretty uniquely colored for amboyna. This block came as the runt of the litter in a bulk purchase I made. It really didn't look all that great and no one picked it when shown. I believe it was the only block that didn't come from the same burl as the rest. It has some real bright spots and the color tone(s) seem different depending on the lighting and angle used to view it. I think the pictures captured it in regards to it's different "looks" it has. I really like the look of this block and I'm glad I gave it a try.

Price - $675 (shipping included to USA - international to pay actual costs)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010001.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010025.JPG

P1010031.JPG

If only it were a wa handle....

Funny that you should mention wa because that's what I'm in the middle of making (for sale) right now. :spiteful:
I'm doing another 300mm sujihiki with a modified oval wa handle in two-toned amboyna burl that'll have a nickel silver (half) bolster soldered on up front.

Back