Best Redwood Burl and Madrone Burl Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just had another batch of blocks come back from the stabilizers. This batch has a couple wide blocks of the Best Redwood burl and a bunch of very good blocks of Madrone Burl. Madrone polishes up beautifully without a lot of extra work because it has extremely small pores and very fine grain. When you sand it fine you are able to get a smooth as glass surface.
This is all the Madrone Burl that I will have for a long time so if you like it I suggest getting some now. It is a wood that required a long time seasoning and drying to get it to the point where it was ready to be stabilized. I started the processing of this burl just over 5 years ago. I am very happy with how it turned out.

This link will take you to the Brand New blocks in the store.
or.....Click on one of the photos to go where they are located in the store.

For the forum discount use the coupon code forum during checkout, the store software will take 10% off the price of what you are getting. If you click "view cart" before you check out, there will be a field where you can enter the coupon code. Type the lower case letters forum and then click the GO button. Doing this will apply the forum discount to everything in your cart.

And for an even bigger discount the store software will automatically apply a volume discount if your order goes over $200. It will be clearly displayed in the shopping cart.

Everything in the store comes with a money back guarantee. No questions asked.
Priority Mail shipping is $5 for US, $20 for International. Free Shipping on all orders over $100.

The Redwood Burl had all sold, but an order was canceled so the very Best block is back in the store.

EDIT
The last redwood burl block is gone now. Thank You Chef.

I was really tempted to just keep it for myself.

Latest posts

Back