D. Martell For Sale - 180mm Martell Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Stats

Length - 180mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Western

Handle Materials - Buffalo horn with G10 spacers

I wanted to do something different, something - unique, on this one so I went with all buffalo horn for the handle. This knife is for the gent who enjoys more class than flash, for someone who appreciates simple (good) looks along with function. :spiteful:

The buffalo has streaking throughout showing some bold lines on the top and bottom with more subtle wispy streaking down the sides.

This knife drove me nuts with trying to capture it in pictures - dust, reflections, bad lighting, argh! I hope that these pics suffice.

Price - $525 (shipping included to USA - international to pay actual costs)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010038.JPG

P1010041.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010053.JPG

P1010056.JPG

P1010065.JPG

Wow, if I didn't already have a shig.....that would make an insane wa handle.

I received a PM asking if I used lacquer on this handle, I had to laugh. :)

BTW, the answer is no. In fact the only thing on this handle is furniture wax and the glossy finish is present under the wax. It was all hand sanding (and a quick buff) that brought out this shine.....actually it took three attempts at hand sanding, but I got there in the end.

You'd be pushing it Mister, you already got one this week! LOL :D

I AM going to have to cook something sliceable this weekend to christen the suji. Unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up from the post office until tomorrow darn it all. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

That polished horn handle is beyond the pale though....

Back