Quantcast
Sharpening Class - Oct 8, 2011 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sharpening Class - Oct 8, 2011

Thanks to the class and a nagging urge to practice what I've learned, I had another late night yesterday. On the plus side, a few more of my knives now have better edges than they ever had before
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Thanks to the class and a nagging urge to practice what I've learned, I had another late night yesterday. On the plus side, a few more of my knives now have better edges than they ever had before
    Awesome

Dave's sharpening class

To add to the info on Dave's class - it was incredibly helpful! I'm a newbie to decent knives and learning to sharpen and i left class with the info i needed to feel confident to keep moving forward. Dave helped me get a nice edge on a 50 year old MAC knife (sharpening practice). I saw firsthand how to get rid of a wire edge and could instantly see why it's important. His years of experience were compounded into easy, helpful ideas. Can't say enough about it. Great fun!

Heckler - are you going to leave any Shigs for the rest of us? That last knife looked great. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by homegirl View Post
    To add to the info on Dave's class - it was incredibly helpful! I'm a newbie to decent knives and learning to sharpen and i left class with the info i needed to feel confident to keep moving forward. Dave helped me get a nice edge on a 50 year old MAC knife (sharpening practice). I saw firsthand how to get rid of a wire edge and could instantly see why it's important. His years of experience were compounded into easy, helpful ideas. Can't say enough about it. Great fun!

Heckler - are you going to leave any Shigs for the rest of us? That last knife looked great. Enjoy!
    Welcome!

Welcome Amy, I'm glad that you showed up here, well officially anyway.

Welcome, Amy! Welcome to the light

Dave, I love how my edges are turning out. Not perfect, but a *lot* better than before - and I was happy with what I had before! (Not any more though...) Spent the evening practicing again, and got 5 knives all up to current-spec. Unfortunately, I got 2 fingertips putting red dye here and there, and my girlfriend is complaining I've spent way too much time this evening on the stones

Ah well... I trust that in time I'll stop injuring my fingertips, will be a little quicker, and will get closer to perfect edges. I have faith
    Len

It's great to hear that you guys are already getting better, makes me happy.

Hey, did you ever get over to that BBQ place?

Oh, yes we did! All of us ended up positively stuffed and satisfied. Really tasty, very nice BBQ. For me, the baby back ribs were the best part of the triple combo that I got - wish I could have some right about now, actually. The pulled pork was tasty but a little too salty for me. The beef brisket was nice, but was beaten out by the ribs that I had right before it

It's tasty food with good portions. Good selection on the menu, so I'm sure everyone will find something they really enjoy
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Oh, yes we did! All of us ended up positively stuffed and satisfied. Really tasty, very nice BBQ. For me, the baby back ribs were the best part of the triple combo that I got - wish I could have some right about now, actually. The pulled pork was tasty but a little too salty for me. The beef brisket was nice, but was beaten out by the ribs that I had right before it

It's tasty food with good portions. Good selection on the menu, so I'm sure everyone will find something they really enjoy

Oh snap - I'm there!

Welcome Amy, don't know how I missed your post, glad you joined the forum. No all the shiges from this point foward will be mine, I figure everyone else has had their chance.

+ Reply to Thread