D. Martell Sharpening Class - Oct 8, 2011

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
After much wrangling with schedules we've finally decided on a date that hopefully works. Our next sharpening class will be held on Sat, Oct 8th

Please see Japanese Knife Sharpening Class for details and registration information.

I hope to see you there! :)

Dave

Cmon guys, let's get signed up. I'm already in and if you don't help me fill the class, then I can't come down from Canada!

Man, I looked up driving times and even dropped by a few airlines' sites to see if I could make it to the class. Unfortunately, I can't make it.

Dave, I wonder what it would take to entice you up across the border for a few classes ;)

This class is definitely on even though there's only 2 people signed up so far. One of these guys is coming all the way from Canada so I'm holding it no matter what. I hope to see a couple more people sign up but if not we'll just have a small class this time around. :)

PS - This will be the last class held until at least the spring time.

I'm a "very probable" on this one! Will know very shortly ;)

*muttering: where is my passport? where is my passport? where the heck did I put it?* Looks like I'm almost definitely gonna be able to make it :) Looking forward to signing up later this evening!

We got another sign up tonight and I've got another two on the fence with legs dangling over. Looks like this class is starting to fill up after all.

Add me to the confirmed list ;) Just signed up a few moments ago!

Now I actually and really do need to find my passport!

I did a 1 on 1 today. It was a good warm up to shake the rust off. I'm really looking forward to this class.

*Definitely* looking forward to the class. The anticipation is building, I'm gettin' a little giddy... Yeah, it's gonna be a really cool Saturday :)

I'm riding with cnochef, and we're hittin' the road Friday morning.

I'm riding with cnochef, and we're hittin' the road Friday morning.

Are you driving straight through or doing some on Sat morning? If you'll be here on Friday, what time do you think you'll be in this area and where are you staying?

We ought to be in Reading by Friday evening... 7ish? We are both booked at Wyndham Lincoln.

If you guys are bored (and not too tired) maybe you can give me a call and then come over for some knife play?

I dunno if cnochef's going to see this in time, so I'll mention it to him. He's taking the brunt of the driving so it's really whether he feels up for it :) I'll give you a call either way!

We want live video! At least of the fun part :) I hope you will all have a great day!

Stefan

If you guys are bored (and not too tired) maybe you can give me a call and then come over for some knife play?

???This could be interpreted so many different ways I don't even want to start.:scared4:

But seriously, have a good time all.

Dropped by Dave's workshop yesterday evening to get acquainted in person and to get ourselves just that little bit more stoked about the class :) it's gonna be a fun day today :) :)

Oh, and seeing and handling one of Dave's newly-made knives definitely has me itching a bit ;)

Latest posts

Back