Hey all! New member checking in.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeyrojito

Reaction score
Hey folks I am Matthew from Napa, CA. Jack of all trades turned welder in Alaska that had a nasty divorce and moved home and started cooking. From Dishwasher to line dog in 8 months. High end to low end.

Decided to start making kitchen knives. Currently practicing making handles and doing stock removal.

Anyhow. Nice to meet yall.

Welcome, matthew! Souncds like you have had a rough journey; hopefully things have turned the corner for you.

Oh no doubt. Can't have good without the bad. I am now remarried to a beautiful lady 11 years my junior, have custody of my daughter, live on a little farm. Still getting used to the wages and the hours cooking pro, but at least my day job tips back of house.

I really cannot complain. Looking forward to hitting this forum hard to get myself up to speed. Working on collecting stock for handles now, I have tons of hardwoods available from here on the property and a shop mostly set up for welding. And scrap steel of all types all over the place here.

I just wish I had gotten into this sooner.

Back