Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project - Makers, Hobbyists, Tweakers, Knife Nuts with Garages - You NEED to Read This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    This is a standard 2x72 grinder before changes I requested. It will be made of aluminum, tweaked, equipped with Leeson/Baldor motors and KB Electronics VFD.

Universal grinder (works in horizontal/vertical position) will share a belt tracking system and other features with the standard 2x72 grinder, but for the most part, it's a new design.

The platen on both grinders turns from 90 degrees to about 150 degrees (I think the range is actually 50-180 degrees), a feature I find very useful grinding single bevel knives (the direction of the belt is clock-wise)

Attachment 29015
    A typo, I meant the platen turns 50-150 degrees.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Sounds neat...too bad my apartment building has a noise policy.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    Sounds neat...too bad my apartment building has a noise policy.
    Actually, 2x48 and 2x42" small grinders will also be available, and these can come with 1HP motor, and will operate very quietly. Our main emphasis will be on 2x72, as they are the most efficient, but smaller grinders that can be used in a small space (and apartments) are an option.

Shipping overseas might be a bit expensive, but I can look into it if there is an interest.

This is a 2x48 version of the grinder. There will be some differences on the version we collaborate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015301153437.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	29017

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Thanks Marko. I'll watch for updates.

You've got my attention for sure. I'd love to see my local makerspace in Troy, NY pick one of these up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Hall View Post
    You've got my attention for sure. I'd love to see my local makerspace in Troy, NY pick one of these up.
    You haven't seen the universal 2x72 grinder yet)))

The standard grinder (pics posted in the previous threads) is great if one plans to add some more grinding power to the shop. I for instance, need 5 machines to work efficiently and plan on adding 3 of these in the next year.

If one machine is the choice, universal grinder is a better choice. Basically, functionality of horizontal and vertical grinders in one machine. For handle making, sayas, blank profiling, horizontal function is very useful.

Grinders could be picked up locally at no charge, or delivered within 100mile radius for a fee.

Marko

Consider me interested . Like you said...it takes about 5 machines to work efficiently lol. I'm 4 short .

Quote Originally Posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
    Consider me interested . Like you said...it takes about 5 machines to work efficiently lol. I'm 4 short .
    I am three short, but I would like to have ten, one machine for every operation ))))

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I am three short, but I would like to have ten, one machine for every operation ))))
    I like the way you think sir!

Now I need more bench space too, lol....!

I just added another 2 X 72 grinder to my bench and already thinking one or 2 more would be PERFECT! lol This looks like a well made grinder. Ill be watching and waiting for updates

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives