Death in the family, flood in the shop, wonder what else life is going to throw at me today...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
over 2.5K (and counting) of equipment damaged... That's not the way to spend your Sunday, getting water out of the shop and counting damages, I will tell you...

IMG_20150920_101934028.jpg

Got to be philosophical about it, things could have been much worse... there was only about 4" of water, but could have been 18"

I am sorry to hear. My thoughts go to to you and your family. Also, that's terrible for your shop.

I am OK. Just wasn't prepared for this... Life goes on!

On the positive side, the workshop floor will be as clean as it gets :)

Hard to be positive, I already counted at least 3K of damages... Whew! But, if I got 16 inch of water, things would have been much worse... The pipe was broken for about 4 hours. If it was running all night, it would be a nightmare... And now dealing with landlord and insurance will take up more of my time.

Oh, no! So sorry to hear it, Marko. Keep your head up! I'm sure anyone here would be thrilled to help you if there's any way that we can.

That is terrible. Hopefully landlord/insurance are not too much of a hassle and cleanup doesn't cost you too much time. Good luck.

That is terrible. Hopefully landlord/insurance are not too much of a hassle and cleanup doesn't cost you too much time. Good luck.

Landlord is trying. Got dehumidifiers and floor fans, so place is getting dryer. But my coolest toy - plasma cutter is likely gone, as well as 5 Leeson motors, ultrasonic generator, a buffer, a Metabo orbital sander, a couple of timers, my C2 control, industrial digital scale, refrigerator. All expensive stuff - top notch US/Germany made equipment. Bunch of wood also got got wet. All in all, about 3K total. Taking pictures for the insurance. Not the way to spend Sunday...

Anyway, this doesn't affect my work very much, so that's great.

M

Anyway folks, I rather talk about grinders (see Here) than rant and rave about things that I have no control over.

Thanks for your support. Greatly appreciated!

Another positive: at least you get your money's worth on the insurance payments! :)
Good luck with everything.

Sorry to hear Marko. I hope the insurance puts you back at least where you were with equipment if not better. Your grinders are still ok?

So sorry -- I know how frustrating that is.

;(

Best of luck getting back up and running, and condolences for your loss.

Thank you! The funeral was yesterday, so today I am back at the shop.

Insurance will only cover 1K, so now I need to talk to my land lord about what to do about the rest. I can take some rent credits )

So sorry. But even if insurance will not cover the entire loss, I believe that under most circumstances the landlord may be responsible for reimbursing you. Of course depends on the specific facts (especially why pipe burst), and what your lease may say (although such contracts, at least on their face, tend to be drafted by the landlord's lawyer and therefore pro-lessor).

I guess it ain't over till it's over... My dog has been diagnosed with lymphoma...

PS: the insurance covered only 1K in water damages. Now need to go after landlord.

When it rains, it pours. Don't know if I should laugh or cry about it.

Anyway, got it off my chest. Now need to put myself together.

I'm sorry to hear about all this Marko. You're right though - when it rains, it pours.

I guess it ain't over till it's over... My dog has been diagnosed with lymphoma...

PS: the insurance covered only 1K in water damages. Now need to go after landlord.

so sorry to hear it. Hope everything goes well, best of luck!!

Back