Hello from a New Member

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sporting1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking in the background for a while. A little about me. I'm a sheet metal worker with many hobbies. It seems that I work during the week to pay for the hobbies on the weekends. One of my hobbies is competition BBQ. I'm always looking for that perfect knife. It wasn't until a co-worker went to Japan that I really started researching Japanese knives. He came back from Japan empty handed, but said he was going back next year. I plan on giving him a shopping list for that trip.

I wouldn't call myself a "collector", but I do have a couple of must haves to carry during the week. This list includes Reeve's Sebenza, Greg Lightfoot folder with a stellite blade, and Rick Hinderer XM-18.

Thanks for a great web site with plenty of good information!

Welcome. I recently picked up a Carbon Sebenza 25. Curious what your observations are between the Reeve and the Hinderer. I don't know a lot about EDC the Sebenza was suggested to me, I'm very happy with it. Unfortunately it gets carried a lot more that it gets used. I'm secretly hoping some day I'll be required to filet a fish, chop a tree and kill dinner.

I like the Reeve's better blade for EDC, the Hinderer is built like a tank. The Hinderer is my safe queen since it took 2 years to get. My EDC is the Lightfoot. It has carbon scales and it does show signs of wear from being in my pocket.

Latest posts

Back