Hey, where are the pics from the show?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Bill, did you take any pictures of the knives you took to the show?

Report on the show if you would please.

Hoss

Hi Hoss, I didn't take any pictures of the show knives. I did have Eric Eggly from point seven shoot a couple of knives for me and can post them if you would like to see them. one is a gyoto and the other a bowie which won the best fixed blade category. I also was selected to receive the Moran memorial Damascus award. this was very special to me because the show was held in the same room that Bill Moran first unveiled modern Damascus in 1973.

As far as the show goes I had an incredible show sold 13 of 14 knives taken. the attendance was enough that the show seemed busy most of Friday and Saturday but it was not crowded except for a few times. it seemed that most sold knives but I did here that some there did not sell anything while others sold everything. It believe that the average maker sales were about three knives. I do not know how I got so lucky. I also noticed some very new makers who were trying to sell knives for prices one would expect to see from more experienced makers, and heard some collectors mention this also. they also mentioned that they didn't think the level of work from these makers deserved the prices being asked. THIS IS NOT ME JUDGING ANYONES WORK. I am just reporting what I saw and heard. And I do not know who they were talking about. most makers must have thought that the show was worth while because 90% renewed their tables for next year.

Awesome, congrats on the awards and sales. Post the plcs when you can. Sounds like a great show.
Hoss

I am surprised that the bear jaw handled knife didn't sell ,such a cool piece .

Two shows and no pics, what's up with that?

Hoss

here is the award winning Bowie have not received a picture of the Damascus piece yet.

standard.jpg

Wow Bill, words cannot describe the beauty of that Bowie.

Screw modern law and public scrutiny, I'd carry that Bowie around with me 24/7. That is one extremely handsome knife

Back