Upgrading my chopping board.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisMendes

Reaction score
Hello !! I'm upgrading a chep ikea chopping board, for an end grain decent board, any suggestions of shops in Europe? So far, I've seen these 2 bargains, not sure if they are worth, or if I should invest some more for a better board:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zodiac-Wooden-Rectangular-Grain-Board/dp/B001HMNEIK/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1443*****3&sr=8-38&keywords=chopping+board+end+grain

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zassenhaus-55160-Acacia-Chopping-Board/dp/B0025XFSBG/ref=sr_1_81?ie=UTF8&qid=1443016418&sr=8-81&keywords=chopping+board+end+grain

BTW: It's for home usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubberwood, you mean the first link? I don't see any wood type in the product description, what I see is a link to another board that is made of rubber wood, and it is a pastry board.

Weird, this is what I got :

Zodiac 45 x 30 x 3.5 cm Wooden Rectangular End Grain Board

Wooden rectangular end grain board
Modern and stylish design
Classic wooden pattern
Made with quality wood
Easy to clean

Product Description
This Zodiac wooden end grain board is a perfect addition to your kitchen. Its modern and stylish design give it an edge on other grain boards. Chop, slice and cut all your favourite foods on one quality wooden board. The classic wooden patter means it fits into any kitchen style. Zodiac is one of the leading distributors of houseware and kitchenware, supplying homes and kitchens throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.

Box Contains
1 X Wooden Rectangular End Grain Board 45X30X3.5Cm

:dontknow:

If you are willing to pay a little more: mtmwood.com

Luis are you saying you bought the Zodiac? If so read up on end grain board care.

I wonder if there are end grain board makers in Europe or if all the boards are imported from else where.

mark76: Great boards !!! Thanks for the tip!!!

keithsaltydog: Not yet, I'm deciding which board to buy. Seems like they are all imported from somewhere else... :(

Back