ipad - to buy or not to buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDispossessed

Reaction score
hey all!
so staples is rocking $150 off iPad air2s until midnight. i have been trying to talk myself into and out of buying one all week.
my wife and i have a 2010 macbook pro that works just fine, and a couple of old 16gb iPhones that kinda suck but also work.
we're your average computer user, browsing, watching movies, streaming music, etc. no heavy duty use as yet.

just curious if anyone here can chime in, do you love your iPad, think it sucks?

cheers
matteo

go with the tablet. it does 99% of the things you want to do on a computer.

Love mine. It's an older model, and I'll probably upgrade soon. If you like your Mac, you should like an iPad. Biggest issue for me is a lack of Adobe Flash support, but you probably know that from your iPhones.

Depends really... Tablets are more like limited computers, you can do all the basic things but will it really change much?

We use ours a lot, especially in the kitchen to have recipes handy. I made a stand for it that keeps it at a good angle and your can poke/swipe/scroll with dirty and wet fingers, just wipe clean later.

There is no way I could get by without a computer, however, as quite a few things I need to do are not feasible or possible on a tablet.

In short, love ours but it can't replace a laptop so we need both. And they both are garbage after 5 years and need replaced, so an added expense. At the right price, and if you will use it, do it!

My wife loves hers. Haven't regretted getting it for her in the least....Make sure you get the one that has it's own 4G connection. I don't know how many times we use it to find restaurants in different cities because it's a little more user friendly than my iPhone for that kind of stuff (larger screen.)

I know some use their exclusively, I end up using mine mainly for games and movies while traveling. It is very capable, but I use my cheap laptop for most of the internet surfing and other options for work.

Don't regret buying it, and could definitely use it for more but I have easier options for things.

I use mine more than all my computers except at work. Using it now. Go for it.

Once we got ipad mini for my wife few years ago, she stopped using her laptop completely. So once it will be time for an upgrade I'll just grab another mini (or some android in the same sizes)

buncha enablers around here!
just kidding, thanks for all the input guys.
seems the vote is to buy.
and i was wrong, the sale is still on till midnight tonight.
cheers!
Matteo

I've been in IT one way or the other for 35+ years. Spend my days in front of a computer. Got an iPad 2 a while ago and almost never use the home computer except to work from home occasionally. The iPad crapped out a month ago and I picked up the Air 2. I say go for it. It will be much more mobile on trips, vacations, etc.

I could say at my age no need, but been going to retirement parties for people I worked with around my age & they all have them showing pictures of their grandkids and vacations.

Every where you go even young kids are playing with their Ipads. First time I saw Japanese tourists with phones on a stick I thought it was to get a better view, now know it's for taking selfes.:O

When teaching kids sharpening at the school not uncommon to see half a dozen smart phones aimed at the stone.

ok the last one before the last one, before the last one, since those were both me.
see how i made my own reference to being old and useless with tech????
(laughs at himself)
ok cracking another beer, see y'all later!
cheers
matteo

Back