Hello! Excited to be here :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tifa

Reaction score
Hello! Home cook here from Los Angeles, CA. I started really getting crazy about cooking when I moved out for college and lived in an apartment for the first time. My college roommates, whose dinners almost always consisted of unseasoned chicken breast with microwaved frozen vegetables, all thought I was nuts for devoting so much time and energy to cooking but quickly sung my praises whenever I fed them :)

I made do with $5 knives for the first year or so of cooking, then got my first "good" knife--a $75 Henckels--as a gift from my boyfriend! Even that was a huge upgrade and I loved the gift, but I've been researching and eyeing Japanese gyutos for awhile now and finally decided to pull the trigger.

Thanks for listening! I'm excited to be part of this community and to share and learn a lot from you guys :)

So good go have you. If you live in LA, you should check out Jon and Sarah Broida's shop, Japanese Knife Imports. Well worth the visit. They're on Wilshire.

So good go have you. If you live in LA, you should check out Jon and Sarah Broida's shop, Japanese Knife Imports. Well worth the visit. They're on Wilshire.

Wow awesome I didn't know there was one in town! I will definitely do that.

And thank you for the welcomes everyone :)

Latest posts

Back