• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Marko 180mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, the purchase gets you a free tune-up (you pay just for shipping) and if desired, a change in profile. This profile has a classic Shige profile, but in that small a knife, a flatter profile might be desirable. Let me know.

I have a shig in this size, with a very similar profile. Wouldn't change it personally. And if I didn't already own said shig, I'd have scooped this up by now.

I had couple pm s asking "what is wrong with the knife and why it's been sold so fast by you and the previous owner " just to clarify there is nothing wrong with the knife , great profile , steel and grind . And you get the Marko signature handle . I have always liked marko's work and recommended him . The previous owner preferred japanese clad knives per our conversation, I traded for the idea of using at home , I don't seem to be cooking at home much lately and doesn't look like I will any time soon , can't afford to keep it . Can provide pics via email , it seems like I can't upload them for some reason
Need to sell it , trades don't make sense unless within Australia due to shipping costs

If it helps, I'm the previous owner and had the knife for maybe a month - basically almost in pass-around style, I thought, to have a try, as BST lets us do by selling or trading if actual pass-arounds aren't happening, and they don't seem to happen much these days. At 180mm I've already got another favourite gyuto which I was always going to keep and which suits me, even if it has some disadvantages compared to the Marko. The knife's very well cared for and I picked it up knowing it'd retain its value and would be a great knife to have and try.

For Mert who's selling the knife, it's definitely going to be a smaller home use knife as opposed to one he'd use at work, and so not a great option for him considering that, from what I know, he's basically at work 7 days a week! ;) Good luck with the sale

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1444203499.777785.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1444203524.384406.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1444203545.187202.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1444203574.521943.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1444203594.151783.jpg

I would like to get this one. Let me know how to pay you. I would like to have it shipped to Marko for the tune up. Keep the same profile. Let's figure out how to make this happen.

I would like to get this one. Let me know how to pay you. I would like to have it shipped to Marko for the tune up. Keep the same profile. Let's figure out how to make this happen.

Shoot me an email if you end up getting the knife. From the picture it looks like it doesn't need much tuning at all, but I will be happy to look at it and do whatever is needed.

Also want to point up that the metal tip on it is mokume and it can be aged to reveal the pattern. The handle wood is ironwood I think

Send you a pm with my PayPal info , honestly it doesn't need tune up or what so ever , happy to send it either to you or to Marko

OK, I just paid via PayPal. Just send it direct to me since it is good to go. I wanted a Marko so know I have one. Thanks.

Oh Thank goodness, I was getting weak and about to pull the trigger tonight.
Thank you Thank you ZR1.
Now I will happily wait for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back