Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IKAZUCHI AS 210mm fron JKI

I meant 143g

My 240mm Ikazuchi gyuto is 135 g. In comparison I just weighed my shigefusa 210mm gyuto and it was 172g.

I imagine the ho wood handle helps tilt the balance forward which IMHO helps with momentum chopping. So bottom line, more weight than a laser, but a thin grind that performs well, and good steel and price? So if you don't need a weighty knife for chopping, a pretty fantastic knife at the price?
    ~Brandon

Its notable taller than the gesshin ginga, which explains the weight and how it is able to be thinner behind the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Its notable taller than the gesshin ginga, which explains the weight and how it is able to be thinner behind the edge.
    I'm confused...on the site I see both @ 48mm?

How tall are the ones you folks are seeing?
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

i think our ginga measurement is a bit off then, because side-by-side, its pretty clear... i will have someone check that while i am in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i think our ginga measurement is a bit off then, because side-by-side, its pretty clear... i will have someone check that while i am in Japan
    Sorry, didn't realize you'd already started your trip. Enjoy your travels!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Administrator
    FWIW - This is from most recent "batch". GG Stainless. (It would convert you Jim)

Older and wider..

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    FWIW - This is from most recent "batch". GG Stainless. (It would convert you Jim)

Not so sure about the stainless part, but looking to add a true laser at some point. Love the new Ikazuchi line but can't quite get past the stainless cladding. Been planning on a mono White 2 from the GG line and so far this is still leading the pack. Don't you have or had a Tadatsuna for comparison?

interesting... i'll have to take a look when i get back. In the meantime, i have someone re-measuring stuff at the store.