Quantcast
Stefan's Handle Gallery - Page 15
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 402

Thread: Stefan's Handle Gallery

  1. #141
    Top one: A gift from ITK, Stephan, Dave, many thanks. It's a knife forever


  2. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Here's a Konosuke HD is red bakelite. The pictures look like crud in comparison to real life, the handle is almost translucent and 3D, it's very nice.
    I am never jealous, but I think I am on the verge here ... I have been wanting a bakelite handle from Stefan, specially in the red ever since I saw the Wantanabe on CKTG. Now that I've got myself focused 110% in life I see one of these in my future at some point! Absolutely stunning, I could not of pictured it any better.

    Kind Regards

  3. #143


    Here's three I picked up from Stefan.The handle on the top is the coolest wood I had ever seen.You really have to see it in person to believe how 3d it was.I would pay dearly if you have a chunk hidden somewhere

  4. #144

    ecchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the Village.
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Top one: A gift from ITK, Stephan, Dave, many thanks. It's a knife forever

    What's the spacer on that Takeda?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

  5. #145
    Here is Michael's new handle.
    I'm sorry but I don't know the maker or the handle materials used.

    One thing for sure is that these pictures don;t do the handle justice. I re-shot this knife twice with the same results. The yellow shows too bold and the handle color is a lighter gray. It looks great in person though.
    I really love your D-shaped handles Stefan, they're my favorite.



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010015.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	3892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010014.JPG 
Views:	436 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	3891  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010013.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	318.7 KB 
ID:	3890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010012.JPG 
Views:	437 
Size:	366.8 KB 
ID:	3889  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010018.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	3888  

  6. #146
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,286
    Thanks guys!

    Mario, I think that was spalted Norfolk pine, definitely a beautiful wood. I have a stunning octagonal gyuto handle in themworks from that material...

    Dave, the spacer is some reconstituted stone. I called it coral for a while, but think I had that mixed up and it is jasper.

    Thanks Dave, the ferrule is dyed box elder burl and the handle is dyed maple. I sometimes have mixed feelings about my d-handles. I shape them completely free-hand from sqare blocks on the sander and they are easier to mess up than the octagonals. And I make them until I think they feel right, but hardly ever do I get two of them to be exactly the same shape. But maybe that is a good thing...

    Stefan

  7. #147
    I'm so jealous! I loved that handle and wanted it bad -- just didn't think it was the right size. So cool looking. Great job Stefan!

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Dave, the spacer is some reconstituted stone. I called it coral for a while, but think I had that mixed up and it is jasper.
    That explains a lot! I was cursing that spacer, I just couldn't file it away and it dulled my rasps.



    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Thanks Dave, the ferrule is dyed box elder burl and the handle is dyed maple. I sometimes have mixed feelings about my d-handles. I shape them completely free-hand from sqare blocks on the sander and they are easier to mess up than the octagonals. And I make them until I think they feel right, but hardly ever do I get two of them to be exactly the same shape. But maybe that is a good thing...

    Stefan
    I do love your D's, I think I've told you that before. They're so silky smooth and feel great in the hand. Every time I get one in I sit there admiring it.

  9. #149

    ecchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the Village.
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrano View Post
    I'm so jealous! I loved that handle and wanted it bad -- just didn't think it was the right size. So cool looking. Great job Stefan!
    I've been looking at that one for a long time as well...just didn't have a blade to fit! Glad it finally went to a good home.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

  10. #150
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,286
    That grey handle had been around for so long that I thought nobody liked it. Wish I had more of the maple, only enough left for 2-3 ferrules. But still 4 full length pieces of the yellow box elder.

    St

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •