what is it about slow-cooking that blows a house away with good smells?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
man..you can bake bread, grill steaks, smoke. whatever.

for me nothing perfumes a house with a fantastic smell like slow cooking. right now, i have a a Coq Au Vin going in the oven. nestled in my Le Creuset dutch oven..bubbling gently away. love cooking in the oven. i can leave the house. i went to the hardware store and ran some errands. pulled up to the house and it was wafting with deliciousness. i think i am jacking up the neighbors house values. when i opened my front door, whoa. party in my nose!!

it is finally cool weathered enough to get back to cooking.

i think baking chocolate chip cookies is the second best smell..maybe pie. :)

i'm in a good mood. i sharpened a dull knife to a razor with a waterstone. might be my most succesful session..hah.

First cold weekend of the year for us too, and the Redskins came from behind to beat the Eagles. Any Redskins win needs to be enjoyed by fans like a rare celestial event! Cooking a rabbit using T Keller's recipe. I much prefer to break down a rabbit over a chicken.

Wish I could bake bread and have it turn out well:(.

Simple chemistry explanation - small molecules are aromatic, food is mostly big molecules. Low and slow is the best way to convert the big ones into smaller aromatic ones. The high energy conversion are Mallard and caramelization.

With pork shoulder at .99/lb this week there will be some low and slow going down here this weekend. @Bill13 - have you tried Pepin's rabbit and mushroom ragu? It's delicious.

Back