Restaurants for Dana Point, CA visit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be in Dana Point for the rest of the week for work. I am hoping KKF can give me some good ideas on restaurants not to miss. I am excited to get good seafood coming from Colorado. Anything good I should not miss or is it too touristy?:hungry:

Sadly I will miss a visit at Jon's shop in LA due to him having the temerity of going to Japan instead.

I lived in LA for a year, if your going up there I can point out a few like Stinking Rose, but you are realllly south. There are also coffee roasters around you(not close) Bird Rock is in San Diego and I think they do cuppings (tastings) on Fridays in the morning. A couple places in LA too but I am sorry I don't know any around you. Hope you can try some cali hospitality as well ;)

We just got back from Disneyland plus a long Laguna beach weekend visiting friends a week ago. We had great meals at both San Shi Go for sushi and Javier's in Newport Beach if you want to head North.

Drrp. They recently opened a new, slightly larger place in San Juan Capistrano.

Oh, that's great for them. Do they have fries at the San Juan location? Worst thing about San Clemente location is no fries, only potato chips.

Oh, that's great for them. Do they have fries at the San Juan location? Worst thing about San Clemente location is no fries, only potato chips.

Yes, that's the main difference - as well as having parking. I have been to the new location once, a few weeks ago.

Missed getting a burger. I had some decent sushi at a place in Laguna Beach and some fair Indian another night. It was pretty touristy. When I am there again, I will try to head down to San Clemente.

There seemed to be a big stand up paddle board contest last weekend. Everyone was pretty into the SUP fad.

Back