Paul Prudhomme Passes at 75...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad. His cuisine is what originally inspired me to learn to cook...Pasta Choux Choux is still a family favorite.

A character, for sure. RIP.

Stefan

Hell of a guy. Some friends of mine who worked for them were married in his back yard. The storm made the place they were having it unavailable and he opened up his home and catered.

His meatloaf recipe is top notch.

Hell of a guy. Some friends of mine who worked for them were married in his back yard. The storm made the place they were having it unavailable and he opened up his home and catered.

His meatloaf recipe is top notch.

Wow...I always thought he seemed like a stand-up guy...no idea where that sense came from, but what an awesome story.

Also his longtime sous/henchman Frank Brightsen is one of the most respected chefs here in New Orleans. His legacy will live on in Frank, and the multitude of cooks that passed through Commander's, Mr. B's, K-Pauls's, Brightsen's.

Also his longtime sous/henchman Frank Brightsen is one of the most respected chefs here in New Orleans. His legacy will live on in Frank, and the multitude of cooks that passed through Commander's, Mr. B's, K-Pauls's, Brightsen's.

This.

RIP, Chef.

I was always a fan. In culinary school, way Way WAY back when, we had to write a report on a chef that "inspired" us. They handed a list for us to choose from. That in itself was odd, but even more so was that Chef Paul wasn't on the list. I challenged the chef instructor Pruhomme's right to be on that list. He said prove it. I did. After my report, Chef Paul Prudhomme made the list.
I've mentioned this before, but if you guys can find a copy of "Master Chefs go Kosher", check it out. Chef Paul, even in his scooter, kicks ass. It's hard to find, or at least for me it is. But here's a link to a NYT article about it from '96. That's right, 1996.

RIP Chef.

Here's a teaser vid on utube

[video=youtube;0HayOeFexiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HayOeFexiY[/video]

Back