Updates, Misono Event and CONTEST

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It has been a while and I hope you all haven't forgotten about me! For the past 3 months I have upgraded from miscellaneous-tasked office/sales person to assistant to the president. (Cue level up music!) What does this mean for Mari? This means I need to find my inner ninja and learn how to clone myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015_September_Misono_event_banner.jpg

Misono Event Details
  • Date: 10/17 - 10/19/2015
  • Time: 1pm - 5pm
  • Location: Korin Showroom (57 Warren Street, New York, NY 10007)

In-Store Perks
  • 15% off all Misono Knives

RAFFLES & PRIZES
  • Visit the Korin showroom during the event for a chance to win a Misono Fruit Knife
  • For every Misono knife purchased : Have a chance to win a Misono Molybdenum 8.2" Chef Knife
  • For $200+ spent on Misono Products: Receive a Misono Fruit Knife
  • For $300+ spent on Misono Products: Have a chance to win a Togiharu Pro 8.2" Chef Knife
  • A hands-on knife sharpening lesson with the Misono president and Korin's knife sharpener
*Amount rewarded for prizes and raffles must be after discount, before shipping and tax.

First 24 customers to purchase $300+ of Misono products will be eligible to receive a 1-hour hands-on knife sharpening lesson.
Pre-orders will be taken by phone and in-store from October 14 to fill seats. Orders must be $300+ and picked up during the event to reserve a seat.

Available Session Times
  • 10/17: 1:00pm & 3:00pm
  • 10/18: 1:00pm & 3:00pm
  • 10/19: 1:00pm & 3:00pm
**ONLY 4 SEATS PER SESSION

Detailed Schedule for 10/17 - 10/19
1:00pm : Knife sharpening demonstration by Misono President
1:20pm : Raffling a Misono fruit knife
1:25pm : Hands-on sharpening demonstration with Misono President (For those that purchased over $300+ in Misono products and reserved their seat)
2:00pm : End of hands-on sharpening demonstration
2:30pm : Knife sharpening demonstration by Misono President
2:55pm : Raffling a Misono fruit knife
3:00pm : Hands-on sharpening demonstration with Misono President (For those that purchased over $300+ in Misono products and reserved their seat)
3:35pm : End of hands-on sharpening demonstration
4:30pm : Q&A with Misono Prsident
4:45pm : Raffling a Misono fruit knife, Misono Molybdenum 8.2" Chef Knife & Togiharu Pro 8.2" Chef Knife

Online Perks
  • 15% off all Misono Knives
  • For $200+ spent on Misono Products: Receive a Misono Fruit Knife
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%2010.43.42%20AM_zps56sz4cao.png

TLDR version: Post pretty picture of a Misono knife with a caption explaining why Misono is awesome on Instagram before 10/19 at 6:00pm, tag @korinknives #KorinMisono, Misono president chooses winner, winner gets new Misono chef knife, winning picture will be used on Korin's social media and website.
(You guys should enter because a. I am one of the judges, b. I know many of you have photography skills, and c. chance to win an great knife with very little effort. :thumbsup: )

Instagram Contest
Show off your Misono knives and tell us why you love it to win a Misono Molybdenum 8.2" Chef knife and have their picture displayed on the Korin website! Contest will begin on October 1st, and winner will be announced on October 20th.

PROMOTION DATES
Contest begins on 10/6 and ends on 10/19 at 6:00pm EST. Winner will be chosen by the Misono president. No submissions with a post date and time after will be considered.

ELIGIBILITY
All @korinknives instagram followers from anywhere in the world!

OVERVIEW/TO ENTER
To participate, entrants must upload one or more photos of Misono products, and submit a caption explaining why you love the product. All photos must be creative and represent the product. Logo must be apparent in the picture.

Entry constitutes participants’ agreement to abide by Korin’s rules and confirms permission for Korin to share and feature entries on Korin’s social media sites throughout the contest. And Use winning photo and caption with credit to winner on Korin’s social media links and website without additional compensation.

TO ENTER ON INSTAGRAM
Entrants who participate on Instagram must follow @Korinknives and have a valid Instagram account in order to participate. To enter, upload photos of the product and hashtag #KorinMisono and tag @korinknives in the caption for an entry. Be aware that the privacy settings of individual entrants, not all entries may be viewable by all followers.

DETERMINATION OF WINNER
Entries will be graded based on the following set of criteria:
  • Overall Charm and Appeal of Photo: 70%
  • Photo Composition: 20%
  • Caption: 10%

(More details!)

:yammer::yammer::yammer:

Thank you for reading! :)

Hi Mari, good to see you posting.
Congratulations on the promotion!!!!

Is it possible to custom order from Misono? I like the look of the ux10 western style boning knife but would much prefer it in Swedish carbon steel, is that a possibility?

Hi Mari, good to see you posting.
Congratulations on the promotion!!!!

Is it possible to custom order from Misono? I like the look of the ux10 western style boning knife but would much prefer it in Swedish carbon steel, is that a possibility?

Thank you! :D

I will check for you in regards to the boning knife. I think they would be able to do it.

Latest posts

Back