D. Martell CPM-154 is in the house & Price Increase

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
FINALLY - I have a stainless steel offering for my Martell knives! :EDance2:

CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy)- See Gator's chart for info

In the very near future I'm going to have to change my pricing to reflect the increase in cost of using this steel over O-1. Basically this means that O-1 (carbon) knife pricing will remain the same yet stainless (CPM-154) knives will be the more expensive option.

CPM-154 is some pretty expensive stuff @ 4-5x the cost of O-1. The price difference between these two steel offerings will be significant.

**I'll offer that you can secure today's CPM-154 stainless list pricing (same as O-1) for a 50% deposit. See current pricing. This is for a spot on my waiting list - not immediate order fulfillment. Please contact me if you're interested.

I'm super excited to be moving forward with something new.

Thanks to all of you for your support!
Dave

Not sure if it's best to discuss this here or else by PM/email… but for "8. Lengths & Styles Not Mentioned", would it be viable to make heat treated blades for the Benriner mandolin? I know I've read about this idea on KKF previously but am not sure if anything ever became of it. I was able to find replacements for the regular (small) one only and although they can be sharpened would eventually need new ones. EDIT - for the jumbo Benriner as I have no replacements

I am not a knifemaker, but just looking at them they would seem fairly simple as they're basically just a flat rectangle with slanted corners, some holes to secure with screws and a single bevel on one side. I imagine the big thing is whether making them is justifiable based on the cost/time involved and the price they'd be able to sell at.

A few folks have contacted me to take advantage of this offer and I want to say thank you for this. :doublethumbsup:

I'll leave this open for two more days and then the new stainless pricing will be in effect.

Ok, I have to ask....does CPM-154 have any performance advantage over carbon steels, I guess to make it a valid question, in particular O-1? Other than not getting a patina or if your @$$% kids use the knife and don't clean it (happened once....definitely won't happen again lol).

Ok, I have to ask....does CPM-154 have any performance advantage over carbon steels, I guess to make it a valid question, in particular O-1? Other than not getting a patina or if your @$$% kids use the knife and don't clean it (happened once....definitely won't happen again lol).

I see no performance benefit to CPM-154 over 0-1 besides it being stain resistant.

Back