D. Martell For Sale - 270mm Martell Wa-Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Stats

Length - 270mm

Height (at heel) - 43mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Wa (oval)

Handle Materials - Hawaiian Koa, nickel silver ferrule/bolster (soldered!) & spacer

The koa isn't the flashiest I've seen however it's got more going on than I can describe. I did my best to capture all of the character and different looks it's giving off.

Ferrule/bolster is soldered on for a clean look. :cool2:

*Note - There is one blemish on the blade (right side - near maker's mark) that I want to point out for full disclosure. This happened from acid used in applying the mark. It's not very deep but is deep enough that I'm not going to attempt to sand it out and mess up the knife. See the attached picture that shows the blue oval to see this blemish.

Price - $625 (shipping included to USA - international to pay actual costs)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010002.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010026.JPG

What caused you to do the spacer? I feel like I haven't seen you do this before. As a whole I love the look of the handle. Simple and clean. Wish it was stainless. I have too many carbon sujihiki at the moment

that Koa is really nice. Knife's not half bad either...

Really admire your honesty and disclosure about the "blemish". That's nothing compared to some of the things I've encountered from non-KKF vendors where no disclosure was provided at all (some may remember one recent instance in particular). The koa looks really nice and uniform too. Best of luck with the sale.

Why? :scratchhead:

+1. Really a great-looking knife. What more could you want from a suji? With a soldered bolster and a premium koa piece like that? Someone really needs to buy this for the upcoming turkey ceremony.

Stefan

Let's get this sold - anther price drop - $550

FWIW, you won't get a knife much better finished and ground than this from me. It's a great knife and that's why I posted it for the price I did originally. Buy in confidence!
:cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back