• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa petty/suji 180-240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramenlegend

Reaction score
Looking for a something petty/suji between 180-240mm. Any steel/finish is fine. Hard to find, but I need it for work. I don't even use a gyuto anymore :sad0:. Thanks in advance.

Erik

HAHA! bump! never found one I'll now take up to 270mm length, and if you have a 240 gyuto laying around I would probably be interested in that as well :rofl2: I have an old 210mm shig gyuto as trade bait if anyone is into that kind of thing.

Buuuuump! last time and then I won't for another couple years :doublethumbsup:

BUMMMMP! I herd the Shig craze is over! :eek:

Last edited:
that's a true unicorn..

haven't seen a 180 petty ever (170 is the longest I have seen) and I only know of 1-2 people with a 240 suji (yo)

that's a true unicorn..

haven't seen a 180 petty ever (170 is the longest I have seen) and I only know of 1-2 people with a 240 suji (yo)
Well I started the thread 3 years ago, but can't change the title. In reality I'm looking for 240-270

pretty sure my shig kitaeji petty was about 180mm which i sold to fordlaz

BUUUUmmmPPP, seeing all those kasumi shigs on JNS recently made me jealous

Looking for a something petty/suji between 180-240mm. Any steel/finish is fine. Hard to find, but I need it for work. I don't even use a gyuto anymore :sad0:. Thanks in advance.

Erik

Hope you found something for work in the meantime

Ya the yanagiba at that size is way more common than the sujhiki… I don’t think I’ve seen one available before. I have only seen a picture of one wa sujhiki and it’s 270-
DEAA9254-7078-4B25-B01C-E82DDB8A2CF8.jpeg

So don’t give up (I guess)

Back