• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Aritsugu A-frame 270mm Guyto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

linecooklife

Reaction score
Oldie but a goodie. Great workhorse knife. Been in my rotation on and off for years. Amazing edge retention, always the knife I pull out when I'm too busy to sharpen and need a blade to go all week without maintenance.
Been sharpened more than a few times but hasn't lost much steel due to slow wear. Original edge was put on it by Dave and I haven't changed the geometry. Obviously knife is totally right handed biased with almost no bevel on the left side.
Some scuffs on the side and some scratches on the buffalo ferrule. Handle has been oiled and waxed regularly and is in great shape.
I tried to show scuffs in pictures, message me with any questions. Looking to find it a new home where it will get used.
Asking: $180 shipped CONUS

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125253925@N03/shares/6R7BwB

love to see a choil shot if you can get one.

What a great no nonsense knife. For me, it's my traveling knife--Thanksgiving out of town, cooking vacations, etc. because it's great edge holding ability and indestructibility. Probably fell out of favor as more folk who got into knives were less willing to take the time to thin the blazing hard blade properly for superior performance. It was a long-time favorite of many pros on this forum's predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back