ChucktheButcher - Sad News

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but Charlie Harlan(ChucktheButcher) passed away over the weekend.

I hope to have information on the funeral/ memorial servicearrangements within the next day or so if any local forum members wish to paytheir respects.

Over the last few years we’ve all been able to ogle Charlie’samazing collection of knives and stones. And if you ever had the honor to meet him in person he was just as eagerand passionate as he seemed on the forums. He was a very nice guy, and very generous as well.

He will be missed. RIP, Charlie.

Wow, that is sad and unexpected. Never met him but enjoyed his posts. RIP.

Stefan

Terrible. Such a shame. He was a fun guy to meet, and fed us pretty darn well! I wont forget hanging out in their parking garage with a glass of wine and going through his knife collection as people were walking/driving by with a look of fear/horror on their faces. A lot of sharp and shiny stuff being brandished openly there.

Terrible news , he seemed like a very good guy , condolences to his family and his beloved ones

Sucks. RIP Charlie. Gonna miss that guy. He became a friend of mine even though I never met him.

Very sad to hear this. He seemed like a very genuine and enthusiastic individual when it came to knives and food. Never met him in person, but it appears from what I've read above that he was a stand up guy.

Damn, and I remember his post from the end of the month about being away for a couple weeks. I didn't know him personally but after reading his bio on the forums he seemed like a genuinely good person who cared for the greater good. Condolences to his friends and family, RIP.

RIP Chuck. Didn't get the chance to meet him but he seemed like a really good guy.

Damn...RIP Chuck

Thanks for sharing David. I know he had some health and personal issues, but he seemed pretty positive. Very sad. If you have info to send condolences it would be appreciated.

I hate to hear that. I was so excited when he popped back up. I wish I got to eat his food, I liked how he spoke about it.

Wow super sorry to hear this, he sent me a pm just a week ago or so. Rest in peace

I always enjoyed reading Chuck's posts. He always came across as very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. I'm very sorry to hear this.

I just looked back over the A Few of my Favorite thread. Holy ****, Chuck had great taste.

So sorry to hear this. Never met him, but he was a valuable member of the community with good knowledge and insight.

Like most I never met Chuck in person, but looked forward to reading his posts. I'm glad he was here. RIP

I'm pretty sure that Chuck had a lot more knives than what he posted about. I remember him pulling out knife after knife when we met. It seemed to me that he had something from everyone. Here's his gallery post (all 15 pages) - as he said, "A FEW OF MY FAVORITES"

Sad, I always enjoyed his posts.

(On another note, I suspect one of his significant assets is his knife collection which could be hard to sell for a fair price for people who don't understand knives. In an attempt to help out his family, after a decent period of time has passed, is their anyway we could arrange to sell his collection here for them? I am not sure how we could do this but I would hate to see his loved ones lose out on many thousands of dollars by being ripped off by someone who doesn't understand their worth.)

Latest posts

Back