• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeshi Saji Keiryuto Custom 250mm Hunter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagohawkie

Reaction score
Reluctantly selling my months old Saji hunting knive. I have come to the conclusion that I just will not bring this out in the field, so either I keep it as a work of art - which it most certainly is- or pass it along to someone who will use it. I ordered this from Takeshi roughly 10 months ago and it took 8 months to arrive. This is called the Keiryuto custom as it was made to my custom requirements. The blade is 250mm or 10 inch blade and 6mm in thickness. The handle is Cherry tree wood and the sheeth is also a cherry tree bark with strap. Hard made and a rare work of art.

I paid nearly 475 for this am taking a 75 dollar hit. The wait for this would be nearly a year. Saji knives are known and respected world wide for their durability and toughness . These knives will appreciate once the master retires and from what he tells me he is nearing that time. Below is some info about the knife and Saji San. Look at the pictures and see for yourself what a work of art this is.
Open to trades as well.

This hunting knife (Keiryuto Custom) is hand made by Takeshi Saji in Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture, Japan. The blade core is white paper steel ("Shirogami") hardened to HRC 63 with the ten gun metal finish outer layers made from soft iron. Length of the blade is 10 inches or 250mm and blade thickness is 6mm. The wooden handle is made from the Cherry tree. Every blade has the hand-engraved signature of the master himself.

Clearly not a knife for everyone. However, if you appreciate the finer details of knife making and require a unique knife with hard to beat sharpness and edge retention combined with sturdy functionality this may be the knife to bring with you outdoors.

Takeshi Saji

Mr. Saji is a third generation master sword smith using traditional production techniques such as hammer forging. In 1992 he was designated a "Traditional Craftsman" by the Japanese Ministry of International Trade and Industry.

Just FYI that saji hamono has increased its wholesale pricing by 15% effective 1st/Oct.

Willing trade for something of equal value. Wanting 270 gyuto or a larger nakiri. Prefer flatter profile blades.

Back