• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DEL EALY 240 DAMASCUS GYUTO

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
With a heavy heart I am looking to sell this one-of-a-kind gem. Basement flooded and luckily insurance will pick up most of the tab. That said, they wont pay for the improvements the Wifey sees fit to make given this "opportunity". That's where the need to make some extra cash comes in. Hate to let this one go, but it'll raise enough cash to at least get started here.

What we have is a full custom Delbert Ealy Stainless Damascus Gyuto with Del's rare Western Handle. The saya is made from Zebra wood which Del kindly supplied when he shipped me the knife. The saya is a three piece construction with poplar wood in the center, made by yours truly- me.
Del employees a grind like no other knife I have. It's hard to tell from the choil shot due to Del's signature plunge line, but his grind is kind of a mixture of hollow and convex. It's difficult to describe, but works amazing. Not too many knives literally fall through carrots like this one does, and even fewer offer the least amount of stiction like this knife does. I've never had an issue with any foods sticking. Del's work is among my favorite out there, and is highly underrated.
This knife has been lightly used, a few times at work, but most of it's use has been at home. It's been sharpened once as it holds an amazingly sharp edge for quite some time.

Details:

Steel- AEB-L
Handle- Blonde Ebony
Edge Length- 240 spot on
Height at Heel- 56mm

I'm looking for $870 which includes paypal and priority 2 day insured shipping. (It also includes the saya for free)

Sorry to hear that! And good luck on the sale of this beautiful knife and saya combo!

I have got to stay away from here for a while. Just kidding. This is going to be a great addition to my collection.

I think you're going to love this knife. Basically I asked Del to build my dream knife. This was it. This knife will be missed. But, happy Wife happy Life. Right?

Haha!
No, this one (wife) is a keeper for sure. She was my winning the lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back