• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gesshin 5k

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Slightly Less Hooligan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

For sale today is my recently purchased Gesshin 5k Splash-and-Go stone from Jon's Gesshin Toishi lineup. Leaves a bright, "bling bling" edge that has a good deal of tooth and a great feeling while moving through product. The stone just lost the last of it's logo when I flattened and chamfered it for the sale, so it's within microns of being new.

toishi1.JPG

toishi2.JPG

New for $75, I'll ship it to you CONUS for $60 PayPal.

I'm not trying to low ball you, but I can manage $50 (if that includes shipping). I understand if you'd like to give folks a chance to meet you at your asking price, so consider this offer a safety net. I'm sure you'll get what you asked originally :) PM if you are interested.

Will you share why you're getting rid of it so soon? Is it just you prefer something else for your particular purposes?

Sure, Wagstaff. While this is a real nice rock, it's not exempt from the characteristics of other splash-n-go stones; that is, it's very light on "feeling" and feedback. A lot of people use and enjoy these types of stones, but they aren't really my cup of tea. I bought this one more to test out than anything else, and as an obsessive-compulsive minimalist, I can't have a stone laying around I probably won't use much. Rather parlay the proceeds from the sale into a soaker in the Gesshin line instead, and let this one be enjoyed by someone who appreciates the convenience of a splash-n-go.

As I said though, the stone is pretty nice. I'd say it cuts "medium" fast, leaves a really bright finish, and puts a good deal of bite on the edge. I had more fun using a Rika than the Gesshin 5k, but I think the edge from the Gesshin is much more robust (and the stone is much less fussy).

Cool answer -- I'd rather have the soaker at 4K, too, but... that costs a lot more. I've sent you a PM.

Back