Quantcast
Pepper - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pepper

I got one of the pepper mills and a black sampler pack from Pepper Passion.

The mill is downright beautiful. It's the Moderna in Jarrah Burl. It grinds well and its a head turner for anyone who walks into my kitchen. I tend to like my pepper ground more on the coarse side, so I am not sure how quickly it will grind pepper into a fine powder but it does have the ability to grind extremely fine.

On the sampler pack, my favorite is the Lampong. Each of the peppers has a distinct flavor and pairs better with different foods, but the lampong has an earthy tone that goes well with most everything I cook. It is also slightly hotter than the rest as well, which is a plus in my book.

-Sam

Sam, if you love your mill would you consider going to our site and leaving some commnets or rating for this product? All yo need to do is visit, log in, visit the prduct detail page and leave your rating and comment. I am offering a $10.00 gift coupon to customers who do so.

Lampong is nice. It also grinds really well since it is a slightly smaller peppercorn.

Bruce

i ended up linking this on my audio forum, and we got the same great individual attention from mr. morgan. i bought some Celtic grey salt and some black Madagascar peppercorns. i look forward to the samples. if i really like the product, i'll be ordering in bulk, i'm sure.

I have tried Kirklands Terichelly which is nice but not exceptional.
    I have also tried a few from Penzeys which is a different quality altogether. Does have excellent quality on other spices as well.

Trying to buy an omni-pack from pepper-passion, but can't get the checkout to work :-(

Thanks

Robin

I am a little puzzled by the Costco Tellicherry. They sell it for less than I buy it for which might explain why most of my customers claim it is not nearly as good as what we provide. We bou only the top grades of each variety.

A few customers have had problems with my web site. Usually it only happens if they are using Internet Explorer but not all the time. Very frustrating. You can try calling me directly or try using s different browser and see f it makes a difference.

Bruce

I suspect it's a bit like wine -- I can find a quaffable Cabernet from the Central Valley for $3.99, but it's not in the same league with a wine made from the same grape but grown in the Napa Valley. It's Charles Shaw vs. Joseph Phelps.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

The Kirkland tellicherry isn't as good as I'd like. I think I'll get something else a try, I like a hotter pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmorgan View Post
    I am a little puzzled by the Costco Tellicherry. They sell it for less than I buy it for which might explain why most of my customers claim it is not nearly as good as what we provide. We bou only the top grades of each variety.

A few customers have had problems with my web site. Usually it only happens if they are using Internet Explorer but not all the time. Very frustrating. You can try calling me directly or try using s different browser and see f it makes a difference.

Bruce
    Just a token of appreciation to Bruce.
    Day after my failure to order he called me up and we sorted out my order. My omni-pack is now on the road. And not the least, thanks for the 10%.

Excellent to deal with! Thanks

i got my order today. good stuff! quickly shipped, too, which is always a plus. i'll be ordering more down the road, i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmorgan View Post
    Just to reply to a few comments:
    1. I am not a masochist to turn Verawood. For me Cocobolo is the worst although most sources I find rate the other rosewoods species as being worse. I break out in hive after turning Cocobolo.
    2. The Omni peppercorn pack is also popular. Maybe pepper lover are a little compulsive to buy sixteen bags comprising almost a hundred dollars.
    3. White pepper has a completely different aroma and flavor than black. White smells like manure and has a hot but creamy flavor. Great for taming gamey flavors.
    4. I do not advocate mixing peppercorns but adding some white Talamanca to black pepperocnrs will certainly heat up the blend if that is what you are after.

Bruce
    It was padouk (in the rosewood family) that did me in; nothing like paprika floating in the air sticking to everything before the days of dust collection. Thanks for participating.
    Seth