Thread: Peppercorns

Peppercorns

Just got a sampler from Pepper-passion. Great product....not so great communication but I can deal with that since the order arrived within a week. So....now I have a TON of different peppercorns. My mouth is burning from tasting...amazing the difference in the different peppercorns.....i always thought a peppercorn was a peppercorn.....not so.

Now I want to highlight the difference. I'm thinking a peppercorn brittle (had one once and it was awesome)....looking for other ideas to showcase the different species/varieties of peppercorns. Pettit dishes would be better but I'm open.

Maybe a black pepper tuile in a strawberry variation dessert dish would be fun.

Maybe a gastrique to finish a dish or a simple syrup showcasing a peppercorn.

Pink peppercorn hot sauce!! Its nc style so all you would do is blend ppc with white vinegar , sugar, salt , and a habanerois optional

Quote Originally Posted by 420layersofdank View Post
    Pink peppercorn hot sauce!! Its nc style so all you would do is blend ppc with white vinegar , sugar, salt , and a habanerois optional
    I am now making this tomorrow to have with the BBQ pork, thanks for the idea!

But add grain mustard.

How about different mignonettes for oysters?