Quantcast
Pepper - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by dbmorgan View Post
    Pepper mills is another topic altogether. My mills are handcrafted and downright expensive. Not affordable for all but a nice luxury if you like "jewelry"for your dining room table. The function is there but you are paying for art. I joke that the pepper "tastes better coming out of my mills".

Bruce Morgan
    www.pepper-passion.com

some of those Mills are very very tempting.

(and you MUST be a masochist to turn a Verawood mill)

Thanks for stopping by the KKF Bruce! We appreciate the coupon code as well.

+1 for Penzeys Tellicherry.

Bruce -- how does the white Talamanca compare to the black? (And please don't tell me it can't jump as well.)
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

Welcome Bruce

I love people with passion for their work
    Ill have your site in mind after finishing my new kitchen Damn your mills was AWESOME!!

Anyone tried the pepper super pack, that thing looks fun. I'd be the only one eating it since the wife will not hardly touch pepper. Maybe I need a mill to go with each bag . Always nice to hear from owners of specialty businesses.

Just to reply to a few comments:
    1. I am not a masochist to turn Verawood. For me Cocobolo is the worst although most sources I find rate the other rosewoods species as being worse. I break out in hive after turning Cocobolo.
    2. The Omni peppercorn pack is also popular. Maybe pepper lover are a little compulsive to buy sixteen bags comprising almost a hundred dollars.
    3. White pepper has a completely different aroma and flavor than black. White smells like manure and has a hot but creamy flavor. Great for taming gamey flavors.
    4. I do not advocate mixing peppercorns but adding some white Talamanca to black pepperocnrs will certainly heat up the blend if that is what you are after.

Bruce

Manure? Good lord man, let your wife write your ad copy from now on!
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

I like to tell it like it is. Good white peppercorns do not have an attractive aroma. Kind of like sauerkraut. Smells awful, tastes great.

Bruce

Oh man this isn't helping having you stop by Bruce, way too tempting now.

Thanks for offering the coupon code though.