Quantcast
Communal tables? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Communal tables?

Salty beat me to it. The bar is the communal table. One of my fondest dining memories was when we did an impromptu early drop in dinner at Keller's Bouchon and sat at the bar. We dined with locals and a few fellow travellers. Before we even had wine in front of us, we were chatting with the folks around us and as our meals progressed, we were all passing tastes of our respective dishes around. Generally, I find that when I dine at the bar, it's a decidedly social experience.

+1 to the bar. My wife and I prefer it, so it isn't just for loners. With that said, I have had great communal table experiences at (as stated up thread) Basque restaurants and Italian Agroturism places.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    The bar has become the comunal table. All solo men eat in the bar where as woman will sit demurely at a table. (Usually with a book)
    Salty, I was going to say the same thing, the bar is in essence, a communal table.