Burnt

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

Reaction score
So, are any chefs here (I'm not one) planning on going to see "Burnt" when it comes out this week? There was an interesting article about it in the Washington Post today. There were no chef doubles. All the cooking was done by the actors.

Should be interesting to see how this goes over surprised there were no chefs cooking the food since if it's a story about the where he is aiming for 3 stars the food should look ******* perfect.

I just watched the trailer, looks pretty cringe worthy to me, he has a lot of tantrums
Also looks like a few Gordon Ramsay-isms in his performance yeah, yeah

Anybody see him in the 2005(?) television series that got canceled called "Kitchen Confidential"? First episode sucked but the rest was actually pretty good. I watched all 13 episodes a few winters ago when we were snowed in for 2 days. He plays the lead chef in the series. Worth checking out. But don't expect to see "real world" kitchen stuff. Just fun times.

Why! Why does this exist?! We're at the point now where Bradley Cooper is, in a full-release film, starring as a chef in the fight for a third star? Why. I find it extremely unlikely that this film will respect what it means to have three Michelin stars. Unless the movie is 14-hours long, as harrowing as Mad Max, and nobody makes a noise.

That said, I also couldn't believe that our culture was to the point of producing the movie "Chef". Shortly afterwards though, I had a bit of an occurrence that Eater referred to as a real life "Chef". At this point, I'll hope that this movie helps an actual chef earn their third star just as Chef helped me earn a public and community-involved fight with a critic through social media.

Ha, I'll probably go see it. Obviously its not going to be like real life, but thats ok. Chef was cheesy and unrealistic, but I still thought it was a decent film. Now chef's Table is suppose to be "reality" and I hate it. Too refined, no sweat and guys banging it out on the line. Also, I work at a michelin stared restaurant and those Gordon Ramsay roastings happen on a daily basis, just saying. So, we'll see :doublethumbsup:

Ha, I'll probably go see it. Obviously its not going to be like real life, but thats ok. Chef was cheesy and unrealistic, but I still thought it was a decent film. Now chef's Table is suppose to be "reality" and I hate it. Too refined, no sweat and guys banging it out on the line. Also, I work at a michelin stared restaurant and those Gordon Ramsay roastings happen on a daily basis, just saying. So, we'll see :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, based on the trailer it seems they covered the "hard crush". Which I appreciate.

I'd rather stick a bamboo skewer down my urethra than go see this.

Kitchen badasses are a dying breed. Maybe it's the drugs and alcohol? I dunno, but these young punks think they're chefs right out of school; too good for nights and weekends, holidays and sweating for that matter.

These movies are only glorifying and attracting more of these prissy little jerks.

"Waiting", although a joke, was probably a truer representation of the kitchen world....

Anybody see him in the 2005(?) television series that got canceled called "Kitchen Confidential"? First episode sucked but the rest was actually pretty good. I watched all 13 episodes a few winters ago when we were snowed in for 2 days. He plays the lead chef in the series. Worth checking out. But don't expect to see "real world" kitchen stuff. Just fun times.

I've had that opening theme music stuck in my head for years now. Terrible music, alright tv show.

And I also agree with No Chop.

Slammed in WP today as well. Only read a couple sentences though. But I'd bet their focus was more on storyline and romance vs life in a high-end restaurant kitchen.

not a horrible movie but not one a chef wants to see for inspiration.... just like kitchen confidentional another bourdain ripoff. many references. i.e. oysters blah blah. better than Mission impossible 3000 :)

Never heard of this before...but available on Hulu......

Some people are into this...

Says the guy from NOLA ;)

Last edited:
Back