Hi from Maryland

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_M

Reaction score
Hello all. I live in Maryland and started buying kitchen knives in a piecemeal fashion about 3 years ago. I have enjoyed utility and field knives since I was a kid and own a few nice folders as well. My latest purchase as of a few days ago is a Carter 6.2 Sun Nakiri which will cut through vegetables and fruit in an almost magical fashion. I currently have a Mac paring knife, Masomoto wa-gyuto, a Kanehiro wa-petty and the new Carter Nakiri. I'm probably done with kitchen knives for awhile now as I think my bases are pretty well covered for my needs. Anyway, just dropping in to to say hi and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Steve

Welcome! Fellow Marylander here and there are several more among us in the DC/Baltimore metros.

Hello from Maryland to you was well! Welcome aboard. You'll see several other Marylanders here as well. Sounds like you're off to a great start with your kitchen knives. I wish you the best of luck with the being "done with kitchen knives..." thingy ;)

That reminds me of a line in the brilliant movie Hot Shots-
"I'm a virgin, but I'm just not very good at it"

Hi Steve, fellow DC/grew up in Maryland guy here. If you haven't already, check out DC Sharp in Union Market in DC. Its basically a cutlery nuts candy store. They have like 8 Carters for sale and a Bob Kramer. They have tons, TONS, of other great knife markers as well. Oils, handles, knife bags, saya (wooden/plastic), and they also sharpen the crap out of some knives.

Hi Steve, fellow DC/grew up in Maryland guy here. If you haven't already, check out DC Sharp in Union Market in DC. Its basically a cutlery nuts candy store. They have like 8 Carters for sale and a Bob Kramer. They have tons, TONS, of other great knife markers as well. Oils, handles, knife bags, saya (wooden/plastic), and they also sharpen the crap out of some knives.

Oh man I looked at their website and my wallet would probably feel like a stone in my pocket if I entered that store. Of course I'm sure I will sometime. On a kind of related note, last night I ordered a Carter perfect model damascus neck knife and this morning saw that I had an email offer from last week for a free kitchen knife with the order of any neck knife. So I sent them a request this morning and expect the order to be a 2fer. They pick out the knife for you so I expect it will be a Muteki, but who knows? Since I have spent a lot of money with them in the last few weeks maybe Murray will be even more generous. :)

And thanks everyone for all of the welcomes!

Please be sure to post some pictures and review when they come in! Good pick up on the free funiyaki

Back