Kurosaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone has experience with the stainless clad r2 polished version from chefs armoury Australia. Almost new knife time and Kurosaki been getting some love on the forums recently.

Wow, I really like those handles they have on them.
I did have this R2 in 240 that I got from that __knife to go place here.(but with different handle)
It's nice, but nowhere near the performance level the AS version offers. It did get freaking sharp though. Whoa.

I actually rang Chefs Armoury to talk about Kurosaki vs Teruyasu Fujiwara. The response was basically, both super amazing, but TF wins because carbon.

Rally tempted by them, though - gorgeous, gorgeous knives.

I actually rang Chefs Armoury to talk about Kurosaki vs Teruyasu Fujiwara. The response was basically, both super amazing, but TF wins because carbon.

Rally tempted by them, though - gorgeous, gorgeous knives.

Easily kurosaki over fujiwara. Whoever you talked to at chefs armory must have been new and does not know their steel. Talk to Leigh or luck next time.

My Kurosaki R2 Shizuku have been in the USA a long time...hopefully will get them back soonish, and will be able to decide if I should keep one or sell both. If I keep one, it'll need some bevel work to cut optimally.

My Kurosaki R2 Shizuku have been in the USA a long time...hopefully will get them back soonish, and will be able to decide if I should keep one or sell both. If I keep one, it'll need some bevel work to cut optimally.

Why is that, may I ask? Is it not that thin, or is there some other issue?

Why is that, may I ask? Is it not that thin, or is there some other issue?
I don't have measurements and it's been a while since I've seen the knives, but the bevels were a bit short and flat. One was somewhat concave and cut poorly...the other was dead flat and cut acceptably but could be much improved with some hamaguri.

Back