Quantcast
smoking..... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: smoking.....

Engorged Member
    There used to be a place on 220 that made the best bbq'd sandies. Cement bunker. Lexington bbq still is my favorite.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    I just finished supper, grilled pork tenderloin chop, apples and black eyed peas and corn. Then I read this thread and became quite hungry for some Lexington BBQ. Some days I will make the 15 mile drive just to have a sandwich at lunch. My dog looks at me like I am crazy but the trip is well worth the time.

I prefer Lexington style posk BBQ over the easter style. I guess it is what I grew up with but it is terrific. Of course, I do love Memphis style ribs and one day I will try some Kansas City BBQ. What wonderful food!

Pesky, do you remember where on 220? I can't place a bbq joint on that road, except north of Randleman. David, I was born and raised in eastern NC, bbq was delivered to our door by an elderly African-American gentleman every Saturday morning. He cooked his pigs in his back yard, and made the best brunswick stew in the world, slaw and hushpuppies. Whenever my parents would call and ask him to reserve ribs for me, I was in my early 20's and living in Va Beach at the time, he would set them aside for me. Needless to say, downeast, for me, is where it's at. Nevertheless, Lexington BBQ, Monk's place, is pretty high on my list.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Getting hungry. Every region has their thang. I was never really a brisket fan until I had some at Sonny Bryans in Dallas. My sister in law tells me that you haven't really had brisket until you have been to Kreuz Market in Lockhart.

Dang, I can get kalua pig, roasted under ground in taro leafs etc, but I wish I had one good BBQ joint out here. Whenever I visit friends in Phila, I insist we get ribs from this one joint in Germantown, PA. But I have to say, that I take any piece of pork if it is done well and with love, be it Memphis style, NC style, or anything else. I like a good brisket, but pork rules.

Stefan

Engorged Member
    Tom, it was about 20yrs ago! It was a cement shack with BBQ painted on the side around the Virginia line.