Quantcast
More affordable moribashi?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More affordable moribashi?

Question More affordable moribashi?

I really want to pick up a pair of moribashi chopsticks for when I work. I use my japanese co-worker's before and they are ****** great for cooking and plating. Seems like there is nothing under $50 that has metal chop stick with wooden handle. I don't need a buffalo ferrule or anything fancy. Anyone know of a place that has more simple and cheaper moribashi?

I bet someone here could make them easily at a decent price and move a lot of them... I know a couple people who would be interested at my job
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

You mean like these? http://korin.com/Wooden-Handle-Moribashi

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    exactly... How is there not someone making those at half the price? What makes those worth $60? I've been looking for awhile

Those look kind of shotty... Maybe I can just get all metal ones like these and put some sort of handle on it
    http://www.amazon.com/Joyce-Chen-Sta...k_ai_ps_t3_t_2

Or I wonder if I could just take the plastic handle off the ones you posted and put something less crappy on

**** it, i'm going to try to make my own...

Na dude. Get a pair from Jon for around $70. I got some with black handles and they are gangsta. I use them all the time for stuff that doesn't even necessarily call for moribashi to be used. I say they are something thats worth a bit of an investment.

I say make em. Pen blanks are cheap, and worst that can happen is you screw em up and find out why they are $70.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    I say make em. Pen blanks are cheap, and worst that can happen is you screw em up and find out why they are $70.
    Yeah I figure the hardest part will be making the handles nice and round... I'm sure patience and my belt sander are all I need, though...

why they gotta be round? you rolling pasta with em?