• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heiji 240 Carbon Wa-Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDispossessed

Reaction score
Hey All,
I got this one in a trade but it's quite large and I'm a little nervous using it around my son (who is generally very close to me when i'm cooking). I was tempted to hang on to it but I'd rather it see some use.
This is a Heiji 240mm carbon Wa-Gyuto, and it's a huge knife.

Off the top of my head I'd say the specs are:
Heel to tip: 250mm+
Handle to tip: 260mm+
Heel height: 49-50mm
Weight: approx 250g!

It is in like new condition, never sharpened, honed or stropped. I noticed the blade runs a little off to the right out of the handle (see pic). I wanted to inspect the length of it so the handle was gently removed. I verified that the blade from the very tip of the tang to the tip of the knife is 100% straight, the issue is it was installed into the handle at a slight angle. IMO this is primarily an aesthetic or OCD type of concern and shouldn't affect use at all. The handle was reinstalled to it's exact position on the tang so saya fit is as designed.

It comes with the box and substantial friction fit saya.
$330 shipped CONUS via USPS Priority with tracking and insurance.
Cheers!

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Latest posts

Back