Hello from Washington DC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tward369

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read the boards for a while and finally decided to join. I've been fascinated with knives since childhood because my grandfather made them (he didn't forge them, but sharpened steel blanks and made the handles). I am based in Columbia Heights, DC and enjoy photography (will post some photos to the photography thread later) and cooking. I really admire the craftsmanship that is put into knifemaking- I have an Asai PM SG2 240MM Gyuto and also have a Shigefusa Kitaeji 240MM Gyuto currently being shipped to me.

I look forward to being a part of the forum!

Best wishes,

Tommy

Welcome, Tommy! Make sure you visit Travis (tkern) at Boundary Stone in the Bloomindale area -- looks like that's pretty close to you. And ChefCosta is running the kitchen at Zaytinya, which is a great place to eat.

There are a handful of us civilians and a few pros in the area. We occassionaly get a couple people together at one of the restaurants. And hopefully we'll keep the KKF East Coast Gathering in the area for 2016.

Back