• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kato 240mm workhorse, looking for Kochi 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joyless

Reaction score
Hey all,
I was lucky enough to pick up one of five 240mm Katos that Maksim had for sale last week.
While this is a wonderful knive, it's little too rich for my blood, so while the heart says "hell yes", brain and wallet both say "no".

I'm willing to trade it for 240mm Kochi, stainless clad or Mikagi (plus cash).

Unfortunately, the Kato arrived from Maksim with a broken tip. The damage is very, very small, probably less than a 0,5mm, most likely will go out after 3-4 sharpening sessions.
Also, the handle has a defect, there is a gap between the wood and ferrule. Maksim said it's probably due to the temperature differences during shipping, nontheless he offered to send a new handle, so in case there is anyone interested in the trade, this knife will be sent with additional handle.

I will upload some pictures tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back