Hello from Artisan woods

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artisan Woods

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say I'm very excited to be part of Kkf. I will offer
For sale, the finest western woods at reasonable prices with a full guarantee on quality. I am also excited to learn about this site and all the artists. I am an artist myself and know how important it is not only to find the right materials for the project, but to also get them at an affordable price..

Sincerely

Mike

Thanks and look forward to learning how to make my wife a set of knives someday.. Lol

Going to list some old pieces.. Please let me know your thoughts.

Best

At some point I would hope you posted some photos of the amazing work you do Mike.

OK guys. Mike is a artist and craftsman of epic proportions! He has done some of if not the best wood sculptures I have ever seen. Im tal;king blow your wood lovin minds!!!

No pressure Mike! lol :) Again welcome and I am sure your woods as well as your sculptures will be enjoyed by many here!

God Bless
Randy

All this talk about art and wood is giving me a... Well, let's just say I'm excited to see more wood. Welcome to the forum, Mike!

IMG_0632.jpg

LOL your funny! Want a sales job? 8)

photo.jpg

Hi Randy, here is a picture of a large piece I made. 7FTX4FTX4.5FT made from a single curly maple log..

thanks

So, I've been looking at your 'for sale' posts. Seems a bit disorganized.
For example, how does a buyer know which blank they will receive? It's tough to specify a particular piece out an unsorted pile.
You also specify "flat rate shipping fee included". Anywhere in the world, CONUS only? Any Priority Mail option?
I'm also assuming (due to lack of information) that all of your pieces are either natural or dyed only, i.e not stabilized?
Do you offer the option of cutting blocks into scales if requested?
Things you may wish to clarify.

Hi ecchef

sorry about the not cataloged wood as I wanted to get some photos out and your correct some should be marked. I usually sell larger lots or Billets , so it may take me some time to get cataloged, but im usually around am or pm for questions. As for the shipping, yes its in usa only unless customer requests different.I have found after a few hundred sales elsewhere that a usps box and paypal cover 90% of my customers from knives to guns. I will put some kind of markings on pieces from now on to help.

The ebony is from a billet and all blocks are identical and the group of 4 dyed blocks the same although 2 are smaller. The other pieces are sold as one,and not by the piece unless specified as that helps keep the price down.As for the wood they all specify dyed and stabilized or not. hope this helps .. thanks for your input.

best

Scales can be cut 3/8 at the thinnest as I like all of my fingers.
The blocks would be cut on a table saw and not sanded.. So there could be a little waste depending on depth of block.8)

Beautiful wood!!...and amazing sculpture!! I can't send or receive PM's on this site, but I'm interested into looking at more of your product. Do you have an email or other point of contact?

Thanks!

Hi Dave

Is that a wire hair? We had one and loved her but she hated water.. Just upland..

AS FOR wood stabilization I've tried them all and use wood sure and K n g, and like them both. Both have pluses and minuses.. Wood sure is a branch of torzo products and is a very large biz and stabilize large volumes of wood panelling for corporate use. Train loads.. Try them out there a little more affordable.

He's a Drahthaar, a German registered Wirehair. I hunt it all but especially ducks so wanted a pointing dog with web feet. He loves it. Hope to get out your way one day and chase some Chukkar before I'm too old and fat.

I asked about stabilization because I like to pick out a block for a rehandle and many of the handle makers will only accept blocks stabilized by K&G. Thanks.

Hello again...

I'm trying to get ahold of you to buy some wood my friend, lol. If you're not interested, please let me know and I'll stop pestering you with it. If you would like to talk, please give me a way to contact you and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Cris

Hi chris

Sorry I thought I sent an email from phone days ago? My apologies if you did not get it.. You can call my cell. 541-408-2083

Back