New line of butchery knives - Kosshi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttermilk

Reaction score
I'm happy to introduce a new line of knives being made for us: Kosshi. These knives are made from a great proprietary semi-stainless steel, hardened to 60 HRC. This steel is very similar to SKD12 and a cousin to A2. These blades are tough as hell and well-suited to the task. Handled in rosewood and brass, they're comfortable but give good purchase. The knives are a 145mm hankotsu and 150mm honesuki, in left and right-handed forms, all marked with crossbones. :knifed:

You can see them here. Thanks!

kosshi.jpg

It's cool to see some left handed knives that aren't an addition cost above the RH versions. Lefties are no longer left out, thanks for doing the right thing.

Too bad I already have a lefty hankotsu and honesuki :(

I find that a semi stainless tool steels is a really good fit for a honesuki - the blades can be made tough, but still hold a good edge and are relatively easy to sharpen. I have recently got a similar looking honesuki (also semi-stainless) from JCK and it does a great job. If this knife is similar that it is a great bargain and worth every penny. Thanks to lightweight handle the handling is much better than with western handled honesuki knives like Fujiwara FKM (which I had before).

And I second what was said above - it is nice to see that leftie versions are also available.

Back