• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gesshin 600 Splash and Go Stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinacats

Reaction score
Greetings!

For sale is a very lightly used Gesshin 600 Splash and Go stone. I've used a couple of times but it doesn't so much fit my setup so rather than let it sit unused I am offering it here for $60 shipped CONUS. The stone sells new for $70 (+shipping if ordered alone). Measurements on Jon's site show 25 mm and that is what I get when I measure it (my calipers are analog)...I'll call it 24 mm. Also, should mention that it has a few stains from sitting with other stones. I can flatten it to remove them (and will if requested) but it has been flattened once and doesn't currently need it.

Since I don't have enough knowledge to offer through use I will quote Jon's website (hope he's cool with this:angel2:). I like Jon's splash and go stones, again this wound up being somewhat redundant in my collection.

"The Gesshin 600 Grit stone is a splash and go stone. However, it works best after a quick 1-2 minute soak. This stone is medium hard, relatively fast cutting, and leaves a very nice finish... even for a 600 grit stone. It also resists dishing pretty well. This stone works well as a coarse stone to start off your sharpening or for somewhat larger repairs. It cuts well on all kinds of steel i have tested it on, from white steel to ZDP-189. It works best when you allow the togidoro (mud and swarf from sharpening) to build up a tiny bit. Because of the level of finish this stone leaves, it is possible to go to a higher grit stone pretty quickly from this. For example, this stone works very well in a 2 stone setup with the Gesshin 6000.

For a long time, we have been working on producing a good coarse splash and go stone, and we are very happy with the results in this stone.

Though this stone is splash and go, it can be soaked in water. If you should choose to dry it out, it should be allowed to dry in cool, well ventilated area away from direct sunlight."

Time for some pics and a price reduction. This should be a good deal for someone who has never tried one of Jon's stones:). I've only used this a few times but it worked great.

Cell pics, but you should get the idea...new price $50 shipped to you conus. Paypal, donation and insurance included.

Cheers!

20151128_235536_zps2kjonbgv.jpg

20151128_233014_zps8hk5je7s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back