Knives & Stones Tanaka Ginsanko Nashiji Gyuto Restock

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi KKF,

Just got a few of Tanaka Ginsanko Gyuto to the store, this time with Black American Walnut handles.
I have
210mm x 1
240mm x 4
270mm x 1.

I also added 2x ebony handles.

You can find them here:
http://www.knivesandstones.com/ginsan/
Tanaka_Ginsan_Najishi_Gyuto_240mm_SP__19871.1448343344.1280.1280.jpg

Cheers,
James

All the walnut handles are stabilized as well.

Dammit James, you've done it again. And just in time for the holidays to boot. Just picked up the ebony 240 so now both my chef's and their sous chef's are all having a Tanaka kind of Christmas.

That said,I thought the Ginsan version was no longer an offering due to shortages of said steel? Is this still the case and these are some of what's left of inventory? Just curious.

Thanks again, James. Kudos to your fantastic offerings and impeccable service.

Saw the order, thanks Marc.

True that the ginsan is no longer being produced, luckily I recently acquired all the remaining stock of the ginsan from Tanaka-san, so I will still be able to offer them for a while before they are completely out. The only thing that stops me from doing so is the handle shortage. A common problem isn't it :(

I just ordered a walnut one for my Mom, the Ebony looked a little nicer but some knife nut beat me to it. Super excited and thanks for making these awesome products available James.

damn that looks better than the one I already got :(

Why resist? At these prices they're practically a no-brainer! Definitely among my top 2 "best bang for buck" knives.

Why resist? At these prices they're practically a no-brainer! Definitely among my top 2 "best bang for buck" knives.

I have a wife ... and just like you, and I want to keep her ;)

I also have coming: Robin, Tilman Leder, Marko ... and I just started the process with Bloodroot.

EDIT: You guys are evil. I just bought the Walnut 240 ...

That's quite the laundry list already.
And as they say, happy wife happy Life!

thanks KKF, this batch is now sold out :) please give me one or two days to sort things out, I will start shipping them out tomorrow.

Cheers,
James

Am I to understand there are more batches to come once the handles are available?

i still have some ginsan blades, very few 240, some 210 and some petty. I will list then when handles become available.

I call dibs on a petty :) hopefully you have a 70-90 mm one

Back