Media riverie's kit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverie

Reaction score
Watanabe Sakimaru Takobiki 27cm. Handle and saya by Darkhoek :D.
P1010508.jpg

P1010505.jpg

IMG_20110816_163952.jpg

IMG_20110816_153828.jpg

Rio

That's a very classy piece you've put together with the bag, saya, handle and knife. Did you get your knife bag from Jon?

thank you. yeah i got it from Jon. I love the bag, it makes your knife looks more luxurious and easier to put in my bag without worry that something will scratch that beautiful handle :).

Very nice. I love takohiki's, and even though I wouldn't use it THAT much, I still want one badly.

Oooh, very nice. Maybe I should give up and go surfing instead ;) Great combo, very close to what I had planned for my Konosuke tako before I sold it in a moment of mental confusion...

Stefan

I think I need to come visit you on my next day of for some sushi!

I really like Haralds handles. And the Musk Ox horn is amazing. Loved the combo on your handle Rio.
Seams I got to visit next time in NYC :)

Great knife, I got one just like it that I have not used in a few years, seeing this makes me want to brake it out

a37962fc.png

sakimaru takobuki is a great knife for sushi and sashimi. While i agree with the statement that yanagiba is more versatile because takobiki has no tip on it..... this knife is so much fun. It's light, fast, easy to maneuver, great looking blade :).

Nenox corian 285mm suji . Thinned and re-handle by Dave with two tone amboyna burl. One of my favorite slicer and my workhorse at work.
P1010598.jpg

P1010584-1.jpg

P1010594.jpg

Thanks Collin. It's funny how I always got a compliment for that "tattooed" saya first..... My gf did it for me with a marker :D.

+1 on that saya. Really cool! :jumping2:
Very nice pics of the sakimaru as well. Beautiful blade.

DarKHOeK

+1 on that saya. Really cool! :jumping2:
Very nice pics of the sakimaru as well. Beautiful blade.

DarKHOeK

I just can't stop staring at the handle and saya you did for me Harald, absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for the link Johndoughy !!! That's a very cool kit, i might ask her again to do some for me :).

I just can't stop staring at the handle and saya you did for me Harald, absolutely gorgeous.

+1

I almost stole your knife when I saw it at Haralds.
After having musk ox ferrule you can never go back to another material...

Latest posts

Back