• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

280mm Takeda AS Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheflarge

Reaction score
280mm "Oldie Grind" Takeda AS Gyuto with Mike Henry custom handle
I hate to have to do this, only owned for a couple of months. After twenty two years, the wife lost her job, due to business closing. Gotta pay some bills, holiday season & all. Might be the best “prep monster” I’ve ever used. I received this knife from Knifey Knerd and these are his comments from an earlier post: “It's been carefully used in (about 2 years) a pro-environment and meticulously maintained. I don't do bulk prep/catering anymore and it seems a shame for this gem to go unused and claim "drawer queen" status.
I bought this from Mike, he had it special ordered from Takeda himself. The handle is dark green dyed maple burl with a merino sheep horn spacer. Full disclosure-there is a crack in the horn on the underside. It was like this when I received it and is purely cosmetic. There is no affect on performance and no worry of further damage or loss.”
Comes with a lacewood friction-fit saya free of charge. Additionally, photo's are courtesy of Mr. Knerd.
Specs:
Cutting edge 280mm
Blade Length 290mm
Handle length 140mm
Height-Spine to heel-60mm
Height-Choil to heel-45mm
Spine thickness(approx) 5mm @ heel
Spine @ tip <1mm

Asking $475.00 inclusive. Thanks for looking! :cool2:

takeda2801.jpg

takeda2802.jpg

takeda2803.jpg